Yoga with Shelley joins Renewal Rehab and Fitness to offer selfCare programs catering to the heart, mind, body & soul which facilitate transformation and lifestyle changes serving to improve the overall quality of life, leading to more healthier, happier well BEINGS.
SomaVeda™ Thai Yoga Therapy
“Old Thai Way of Healing with The Hands”, a comprehensive, sophisticated healing art utilizing a combination of ancient, natural modalities, which help individuals achieve emotional, mental, and physical relief.
It creates a unified, whole body healing experience, bringing fundamental elements and energy into harmony. It creates wholeness of the mind, body, and spirit. This practice is wonderful for rehabilitation, pain relief, and stress reduction. As a trained practitioner, I partner with you to help facilitate deep movement in your body to restore balance and create harmony within the body’s energy system. Traditionally, this is practiced on the floor on a futon-like mat; I utilize my thumbs, palms, elbows, knees and feet to apply a combination of acupressure, gentle rocking and twisting, joint and spine mobilizations and assisted stretches as well as energizing yoga postures and deep breathing during therapy sessions. Client’s remain fully clothed during these sessions.
Private Yoga soulSessions
A nurturing, supportive environment promoting healing, self-transformation, and wholeness focused on heart and womb well-BEING utilizing restorative yoga, breathwork, aromatherapy, mediation, journaling, emotional freedom techniques and more.
What to Expect
Because holistic health works with the whole person: mind, body, and emotions, our first session will involve detailed questions relating to your diet, lifestyle, health history, as well as current mental and emotional states. This enables me to establish a baseline of your well-BEING. Holistic health and Ayurveda focuses on causes rather than symptoms and as such, the past is just as important as the present.
Before Your Session
- Please complete the New Client Intake Form, Understanding Our Time Together and bring with you to your first session along with any questions you may have.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting, non-restrictive clothing, preferably long pants. Thai Yoga sessions are fully clothed.
- Pay special attention to hydrating throughout the day before your session.
- Give yourself ample time to drive relaxedly to and from your session.
- If you’re unable to complete paperwork beforehand, please arrive a few minutes early prepared to fill out paperwork.
- First sessions are usually 90 minutes and can run slightly over depending on your specific needs which may arise during our orientation.
After Your Session
- Pay special attention to hydrating after your session.
- Create space for rest for a while after your Thai Yoga session if possible and avoid strenuous physical activity immediately following.
- Give your body time to reset.
- Pay special attention to any emotions or feelings which may arise following in the days to come.
- Keep a journal.
- Practice selfCare routines, yoga, meditation, breathing and any other nourishing practices to further enhance your well-BEING journey.
- Our soulServices are complementary to all other healing modalities like chiropractic care, acupuncture, and we welcome the opportunity to work along with any of your healthcare providers
- Please take the time after your session to complete our client survey so we can continue to improve and grow our soulService Offerings.
Look what client’s are saying about Yoga with Shelley. We look forward to your visit!